- “Becoming Adept is a concise and practical guide in developing leadership skills that can be applied to all organizations for sustained improvements. The book is structured to provide an integrated framework for leadership development or can be used to improve a specific skill. It’s application in leading a not-for-profit organization begins with its goal to create sustainable change centered around empowering staff and volunteers to positively impact the people they serve.”
- “DePalma utilizes a wide variety of interesting stories and personal research that promote leadership through emphasizing the power of incremental improvement, expressing authenticity by replacing words with action, and applying the keys to establishing lasting change for personal success and achievement.”
- “This book is essential for anyone who wants to be successful in life. Whether you are a CEO of a large company, supervisor of a convenience store, own your own business or COO of your household, this book can give you fundamental principles and practices to improve your efficiency and attitude.”
- “Blending proven leadership principles with examples from sports, politics, culture and everyday events helps the reader see the principles worked out in real life.”
- Great examples and honest approach to making changes. It takes incremental work and consistency to develop. An enjoyable read and many ideas to work into team discussions for improvement.”
- “‘Becoming Adept’ is a real-world overview of what it takes to be a good leader. It has strategies and exercises after each chapter that can help an individual affect change…. it’s like a workbook to success.”
- “…clearly demonstrates how committed leaders can apply the ADEPT principles to create, achieve, and sustain individual and organizational change to optimize desired performance. The Adept in Action section provides practical tips for transforming insights gleaned from each chapter into behaviors.”
- “…covers leadership fundamentals that can be applied to well-seasoned leaders or individual’s just getting their start. I especially appreciated the action steps provided guiding me on how to implement concepts covered into my everyday life.”
Becoming Adept introduces tools necessary for you to harness and implement your leadership potential. Utilizing these effective leadership strategies is guaranteed successful towards obtaining the quality of life you deserve inside, and outside, your business, and organization. In this book Paul DePalma, a successful and highly experienced facilitator, executive coach, and public speaker, eloquently describes the leadership qualities for guaranteed success. Becoming Adept is a revolutionary Leadership development guide that describes examples, and the step-by-step strategies; you need to obtain the leadership qualities, and fundamental mindset, towards reaching your peak personal performance.
Paul DePalma is the CEO of ADEPT Leadership®. With degrees in Economics and Organization Development, and more than thirty years of practical experience, he has earned his reputation as a highly effective organization consultant, coach and group facilitator.
Paul has helped organizations from non-profits to Fortune 100 companies. Driven by a passion to serve, he also contributes his leadership skills to local community organizations and has provided leadership training to youth groups in Ukraine.
Through his experience, dedication, and service, Paul has mastered the ability of bringing groups together with one common goal in mind: better results.